Warriors, after months of planning, the construction of our new library has begun. Crews have been working all night every night this week demo'ing the interior walls. Early next week, we will be removing the black paper from the windows so that we can all watch the progress as they transform the space into our new library. The new library will open at the beginning of next school year.
National Honor Society elections were held yesterday and we are pleased to announce our NHS officers for the 2014-2015 year:
President: Ella Moynihan
Vice President: Sanjay Patil
Secretary: Jordan Millhollin
Treasurer: Arman Sobhi
Publicity Officer: Macy Conant
Students of next year's sophomore class (class of 2017), if you are interested in being a participant in the student council of 2017 you are welcome to join us this Friday in Room C1 at 6:45 am. See you there!
This is tryout week for our Champion Color Guard! So far the interest has been awesome! Please come this Friday from 5:00-7:00, there's still time! Girls or guys should come give it a "Spin"! Tryouts will be Saturday from 11:00-2:00. We hope to see you there to be a part of this amazing team!!
Attention Arapahoe Artists! If you had work in Art Attack this year, please drop by the art department this week and pick up your pieces. See an art teacher if you have any questions.
We have over 500 students with outstanding fees. Students with unpaid fees will be delayed at arena scheduling. Please check infinite campus to see if your fees are paid, or check the list by the bookkeepers office. Do not risk not getting that class you really want because your fees were not paid!
Seniors, tomorrow is your deadline to return all library materials. Be sure that you check both the library and bookkeeping lists located around the building.
Seniors, please come to the front office to pick up your senior collage.
As many students know, the yearbooks will be distributed on Monday the 12th. This year, The Muse is teaming up, and we will be selling The Muse magazine in the cafeteria alongside the yearbooks. Look for our table on the east side of the cafeteria, near the office. If you've forgotten to pick up a Muse from Mr. Miles, this is a great opportunity to get it when you get your yearbook-- two publications that will help you remember this very important year. So on Monday, come with a check, or $15 in cash, and get your Muse while they last!
Hey Warriors - remember that quiet study rooms are available today, periods 3 through 6.
- Yearbooks will be distributed on Monday, May 12 from 2:20 to 3:30 p.m. No books will be distributed before 2:20.
- Seniors: You will pick up your books on the south side of the cafeteria.
- All other students will get their books on the north side of the cafeteria.
- You must show your photo ID or an Infinite Campus printout with your photo to pick up your yearbook.
- You may NOT pick up books for friends or siblings on Monday.
- From Tuesday through Thursday, books will be distributed during both lunches and after school in the cafeteria.
- Yearbooks must be picked up by Thursday, May 15 in order to get books cleared before final exams.
- Additional signing page inserts will be on sale for $1. Eight blank pages for a buck.
- To check whether you ordered a yearbook, check your Infinite Campus account or the Bookkeeper’s Corner on the AHS website for a list.
- There will be a limited number of yearbooks for sale on May 12 on a first-come, first-served basis. Cost is $80, cash or check payable to AHS.
Congratulations to the ABK Varsity girls soccer team on their dominating win in the first round of playoffs on Tuesday night. The girls defeated Rocky Mountain 5-1 and will advance to the second round of the state playoffs. Maggie Sexton contributed a "Hat Trick" along with goals by Lauren Conley and Kelsey Vogel. Come out and support your Warriors and watch second round play against Monarch at LPS stadium on Friday, May 9 at 7:00 pm. Go ABK!!!
We know Arapahoe track and field Warriors are in a league of their own. This afternoon, at the Stutler Bowl, they’re going to show athletes from seven other schools why they deserve to be number one. Athletes, take your mark! The Centennial League championship is on the line.
The Arapahoe Warriors Varsity baseball team is in the State Playoffs and will be playing this Saturday, May 10th, at Fairview High School in Boulder. The Warriors will play Fruita-Monument High School at 12:30 pm and the winner of that game (us) will play the winner of the Fairview versus Mullen game at 3:00 pm. Fairview High School is located at 1515 Greenbriar Blvd, Boulder. Please do what you can to make the trip to Boulder and support your Warriors!
Attention girls JV soccer players. Uniform check in will be Monday the 12th at 2:30 in Room C-7. Make sure all uniforms are clean and in the appropriate bin. This meeting is mandatory.
For further details on any announcements see the Arapahoe web site.
Warriors always take care of one another.